Intermediate Architectural Technician – Auckland
Who are we?
Maynard Marks was established in Auckland in 2008, initially offering building surveying services. Today we are one of New Zealand’s fastest growing professional building and property consultancy companies, offering a wide range of specialist services for residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional property owners and occupiers throughout New Zealand with offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Our multidisciplinary team of circa 100 employees consist of professional building surveyors, project managers, quantity surveyors, architects / architectural designers, asbestos consultants, structural engineers, and support services.
Our values are client focus, operating with integrity and delivering quality. We promote a culture of teamwork, wellness & wellbeing.
Your new opportunity
Due to our consultancy’s continued growth we now have an exciting opportunity in our NZIA practice for an experienced Intermediate Architectural Technician / Designer to join our dynamic design and detail-focused architectural team.
You will be ambitious and talented, with a strong technical focus looking for a challenging role to work on projects through all phases of the design and construction stages including detailed design and on-site phases of projects.
This will involve you working with numerous parties including liaising with clients, contractors, and consultants, and resolving complex construction details and specifications, whilst maintaining quality always. There will be numerous site visits so you will need to hold a full and valid New Zealand Drivers Licence.
To succeed in this role
- You will be able to demonstrate comprehensive Revit or ArchiCAD experience which is a prerequisite for this role.
- Hold an Architectural degree from a recognised university.
- Have at least 4 years post graduate practical experience in the New Zealand market.
- Possess exceptional technical understanding of NZ construction practices and relevant legislation.
- Refurbishment or remediation experience, and familiarity with multi-unit residential projects would be highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication will be your forte.
- You will be highly organised and exhibit outstanding time and quality management skills.
What can we offer you?
A competitive remuneration package along with a supportive and inclusive work culture, clear career progression path, numerous training, and professional development opportunities, plus the chance to work for an award-winning consultancy with an excellent market reputation.
If you would like to apply for this exciting role, please submit your CV, portfolio and selected technical drawings (no greater than 5MB) to: HR@maynardmarks.co.nz
We will only consider applicants with NZ Citizenship / Residency or a valid Work Visa.