Project management/contract administration
We have a wealth of experience in project management of repairs to all types of leaky buildings.
What’s the process?
- Once the detailed design is developed, we will obtain building consent on your behalf for the completion of the works.
- We tender the works to suitably experienced and qualified contractors in order to obtain tenders to complete the project. This can be done either during the building consent application process or after this has been obtained.
- We complete a detailed analysis of the tenders and make a recommendation to you on the most appropriate tender.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred contractor, a contract will be drawn up and put in place between you (as the Principal) and the contractor (typically under New Zealand Standard NZS:3910 2013 Conditions of contract for building and civil engineering construction).
- We administer the contract as ‘Engineer to the Contract’ monitoring the works and programme. This involves certifying progress payments and issuing variation orders, generally acting as Contract Administrator, facilitating the successful completion of the project.